St. Paul, Minn. – (April 25, 2023) – Since 1980, 3M™ VHB™ Tapes have been utilized in the transportation industry for permanent attachment of sidewall and roof panels on commercial vehicles such as cargo trailers, truck bodies, ambulances, fire trucks, buses, and rail cars. 3M pioneered the use of durable acrylic foam tapes to attach sidewall panels and roofs on cargo trailers.
3M™ VHB™ Tape gives manufacturers fast and easy assembly, high performance, and unmatched support and technical expertise. Industry leaders trust 3M to help build durable, dependable, and good-looking vehicles that their customers can rely on year-after-year.
3M is proud to support the box truck assembly and repair community with 3M™ VHB™
Commercial Vehicle Tapes. These tapes feature:
• A fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability
• A fully cured pressure sensitive adhesive that bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
• A proven alternative for liquid adhesives or mechanical fasteners
• The ability to seal against moisture and dirt intrusion
• A predefined tape thickness that eliminates starved-bond lines associated with manually-applied liquid adhesives
• A high strength, viscoelastic acrylic foam that provides unique energy absorbing and stress relaxing properties ideal for transportation applications
The 3M™ VHB™ Commercial Vehicle Tape products complement other transportation solutions such as 3M™ Extreme Sealing Tape used in roof repair and seam sealing
applications, as well as 3M™ Adhesive Sealants used for vertical and horizontal joint sealing. For more information, please visit 3M.com/VHBboxtruck.
3M and VHB are trademarks of 3M Company.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $34 billion in sales, our 92,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNews.